Calthorpe Insurances Limited (FSP737791), trading as Matt Keeton Insurances Disclosure
Calthorpe Insurances Limited (FSP737791), trading as Matt Keeton Insurances holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of the Advice
Calthorpe Insurances Limited trading as Matt Keeton Insurances provides advice to our clients about their life insurance products and health insurance. Our financial advisers provide financial advice in relation to life insurance products and health insurance. We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
– For life insurance products, we work with four providers – Fidelity Life, Partners Life, AIA, and Cigna.
– For health insurance, we work with four providers – NIB, Partners Life, AIA, and Cigna.
Fees or Expenses
Calthorpe Insurances Limited trading as Matt Keeton Insurances may charge a fee for the financial advice provided to a client where a client cancels a life or health insurance policy within two years of inception. Whether a fee will be charged and the manner in which it will be charged will be advised when the advice is provided to the client. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month after the policy is cancelled.
Conflict of Interest and Incentives
For life insurance products and health insurance, Calthorpe Insurances Limited receives commissions from the insurance companies on whose policies we give advice. If you decide to take out insurance, the insurer will pay a commission to Calthorpe Insurances Limited. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the premium. To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by completing our online form here: https://mattkeeton.co.nz/howwework/ or email [email protected], or phone: 0212237772. You can also write to us at: 34 Anvil Road, Silverdale, Auckland.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
– We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
– We aim to resolve complaints within 2 working days of receiving them. If we cannot, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
– We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so. If we cannot resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL). FSCL provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we have not been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can contact FSCL by emailing [email protected] or by calling: 0800 347 257. You can also write to them at: PO Box 5967, Wellington 6140.
Duties of Advice
Calthorpe Insurances Limited trading as Matt Keeton Insurances, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
– give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice is not materially influenced by our own interests.
– exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice).
– meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice).
– meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Calthorpe Insurances Limited trading as Matt Keeton Insurances is the Financial Advice Provider.
Matt Keeton Financial Adviser (FSP128044)
Email: [email protected]
Address: 34 Anvil Road, Silverdale, Auckland